There are rules and regulations that you should bear in mind when studying at BIGC. Here are a few of them to which you need to pay attention.
1.Rules of Student Apartment Management
2. Implementation Regulations on BIGC Scholarship for International Students
1. All foreign students who put up in the school must obey the management of International Student Office of International Education College and strictly follow these Hostel Regulations; any problems should be duly reported to the Office.
2. All students must return to hostel before 10:30 pm and no hue and cry or chasing about is allowed.
To facilitate hostel management and safety of students, after the start of the semester, students can only check out at the end of the semester; keys must be returned immediately after checking out, or the deposit will not be refunded.
3. Students are not allowed to exchange rooms in principle, under special situation where rooms exchange is required, application should be submitted to the Office and decision by the management personnel will be based on specific cases; otherwise, rooms exchange shall be considered a breach of rules and will be punished.
4. All items in the hostel must be cared and protected by students. Those items damaged or lost shall be indemnified accordingly.
5. All items in the hostel are not allowed to be removed or exchanged; please inform management personnel for safe-keeping of any unwanted items and duely registered as reference for checking out.
6. In order to maintain the cleanliness of public areas and clear corridor, no private items are allowed to stack in the public areas, otherwise, the items will be cleared away.
7. Pets are strictly prohibited in the hostel.
8. The use of electrical appliances like electric stove, electric heater and electric pad, as well as flammable items like gas cylinder are not allowed in the hostel. If discovered, the item will be confiscated and the owner will be fined.
9. For the prevention of fires, extra care shall be taken when smoking in the hostel; all lights and appliances like TV and computer must be switched off when leaving the room.
10. Please conserve water and electricity. Any breakdown should be duly reported to the personnel on duty or teachers in the Office.
11. After 10:00 pm, in order not to disturb students resting, all students in the hostel are prohibited to talk loudly, play audio, weight-lifting and drinking. Those who are in breach of the rules will be publicly criticized; for particularly serious cases, in addition to fines, the students involved will be evicted.
12. No outsiders are allowed to enter the hostel. For non-residing foreign students, they are allowed to enter only after registration and deposit of their identification papers with the hostel manager, and they have to leave before 10:00 pm. If overnight stay were to be discovered, the person involved will have to pay fines to the Office in addition to the lodging fees.
13. Please consult the Office if there is any doubt regarding the above rules.
第一章 总 则
Chapter One General Principles
I. Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students which categorized into Full Scholarship and Partial Scholarship is only for the applicants’ tuition fees in principle. The scholarship should be applied yearly, and the quotas of which should be in line with the tuition standards set for various kinds of students as fixed by BIGC.
Chapter Two Sponsors and Quotas of Scholarships
Ⅱ. Under the administration of Beijing Municipal Commission of Education, BIGC sends applications for relevant grants of BIGC Scholarship for International Students and allocates the funds according to the number of international students, as well as the number of qualified applicants. Enterprises Scholarship will be awarded and distributed in accordance with the relevant agreements signed between enterprises and BIGC.
Ⅲ. The Scholarship falls into Type A and Type B according to the quotas of the funds.
A．Students who are awarded Scholarship of Type A will be exempted from the tuition of an academic year.
B．Students who are awarded Scholarship of Type B will be exempted from half of the tuition of an academy year.
Eligibility, Application Procedures and Materials
A．The applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and in good health condition.
B．Qualification and age limits are as follows:
1．Applicants for a Bachelor degree should already get a certificate of high school and should be under the age of 30. Applicants for a Master degree should already get a Bachelor degree and should be under the age of 35. Applicants for a Doctoral degree should already get a Master degree and should be under the age of 40.
2．Applicants for programs of general visiting students should already get a Bachelor degree or having completed two academic years of study at their universities and should be under the age of 50. Applicants for programs of long-term language training should already get a certificate of high school and should be under the age of 60.
3．Applicants for programs of International Scholars should already get a Master degree and is entitled associate professor, and should be under the age of 50.
C．The basic requirements of student-exchange programs should be set according to the specific agreements.
D．The Requirements of Language Proficiency
The requirements of language proficiency should be set according to the special disciplines and majors put forward in colleges and should be implemented in line with relevant regulations at BIGC.
E．Applicants who are already funded or awarded by Chinese government or other institutions would not be awarded the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students.
Ⅴ. Application Procedures
（一）申请奖学金者可在报名同时递交奖学金申请表。《北京市外国留学生奖学金申请表(APPLICATION FORM FOR BEIJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP)》可到北京印刷学院国际教育学院留学生办公室索取或通过http://www.bigc.edu.cn网站下载。奖学金申请者须在每年6月和11月提交申请。
A. Applicants for scholarships can submit their application forms when they are registered. APPLICATION FORM FOR BEIJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP is available from: the International Students Office of International Education College at BIGC, or downloaded from the website: http;//www.bigc.edu.cn. The applicants should submit their application documents in June or November every year.
FORBEIJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP)》
B．Applicants should fill in and submit the documents as follows:
1．APPLICATION FORM FOR BEIJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
2．The notarized certificate of highest degrees，diplomas, and academic transcripts.
3．The study duration should last for 6 months or longer. Applicants should already have the physical examination and submit the FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM (officially printed by General Administration of Inspection and Quarantine of the People's Republic of China).
4．Applicants seeking for degrees or programs of academic research should provide a Plan of Study (no less than 400 words) or a Proposal of Research (no less than 800 words).
5．Applicants seeking for further studies in Music and Arts should submit their works in relevant fields.
6． Applicants who are under the age of 18 should submit relevant legal documents of their guardians.
7．Approved or refused, the application documents will not be returned.
Chapter Four Visas, Registration and Enrollment
Ⅵ. Those international students and scholars who are awarded the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students should apply for “X” visa or “F”visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General with the original documents and photocopies of the Visa Application for Study In China, Admission Notice, Foreigner Physical Examination Form, A valid ordinary passport. Applicants whose duration of stay lasts for 6 months should apply for “X” visa and “F” visa for less than 6 months.
Ⅶ. Those international students and scholars who are awarded the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students should get registration with the original copy of the above mention documents. Those who come with other kinds of passports, visas or without the original copies will not get registered at BIGC.
Ⅷ. Those who cannot get registered on time should ask relevant colleges for registration delay. Applicants whose applications for registration delay are not approved or with no registration in due time will be dismissed from school and cancelled from the awarding of the Scholarship. Those who arrive in advance should bear the expenses incurred
Chapter Five Evaluation of Scholarships
Ⅸ. The Committee of Scholarship Evaluation, which is composed of the heads from school administration, the Office of Educational Administrative, Graduate School, the Department of International Exchange and Cooperation and International Education College, is founded with school masters being the chairmen. International Education College serves as the Secretariat and deals with the routine business regarding scholarships assessment.
Ⅹ. The Secretariat will assess the application documents and forward the qualified applications together with the supporting materials and a name-list of those qualified applicants to the Committee for evaluation and selection.
Ⅺ. Official emails of notification will be extended to those who are awarded the scholarship, and the school website will make an announcement.
Ⅻ. The Evaluation Committee of BIGC Scholarship for International Students reserves the right of interpretation.
School of International Education
Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication
Address: No.1 (band -2)Xinghua Street, Daxing District, Beijing, 102600, P. R. China
Dean: School of International Education
Director: Office of International Affairs
School of International Education
Supervisor of International Affairs